Friday 14 December 2012

Free People Fashion



Free People 'Stage Right' Collection



I have done some research into the fashion brand 'Free People', a brand aimed at women in their 20's. I was interested in the brand because it has a very unique, distinctive image, aimed at creative, bohemian women who are feminine, creative and confident.

My research into the brand...

Free People website...
http://www.freepeople.com/

Re-branding Free People

As 'Free People' has such a specific target customer....
' a 26-year-old girl, smart, creative, confident and comfortable in all aspects of her being, free and adventurous, sweet to tough to tomboy to romantic. A girl who likes to keep busy and push life to its limits, with traveling and hanging out and everything in between. Who loves Donovan as much as she loves The Dears, and can't resist petting any dog that passes her by on the street.' (Taken from http://www.freepeoplewholesale.com/history/)
...I thought it would be interesting to rebrand it and give it a different image. To do this I am rebranding 'Free People' looking at teenagers as the main consumer group.

Examples of Rebranding...

Rebranding is common with famous brands and companies as they update and modernise their image. Starbucks is a good example of this, the logo has changed over the years...


Free People have also changed their logo. Here are some examples of different logos they have used.




All of these logos are similar with the handwriting style font used and natural colours and images.

Labelling...
This is a current Free People logo.


I have used Photoshop to create my own re branded label, aimed at a different consumer group, yet in keeping with the image of the brand. I used a bright Aztec pattern and bold font. I felt this label would appeal more to teenage girls because of the use of feminine, bright colours and patterns.


Free People Reusable Bag...


It was difficult to find images of Free People carrier bags, but being a store which considers the environment and promotes a 'nature friendly' image, there are a lot of reusable calico shopper bags. This design is really simple so I wanted to design a brighter bag, which would stand out to younger girls and reflect their creative, fun personalities.
I used Photoshop to create my design. I think it is really effective and is a definitely a design teenage girls would want to be seen using and would feel reflected their style. I like the simplicity of the design, capital lettering and contrasting black handles. I've kept to the natural, environmentally concerning theme using calico for a reusable, more hard wearing design of bag.



1 comment: